Access to Knowledge in Egypt : Lea Shaver :
Susan Sell, George Washington University show more. Rating details. Book ratings by Goodreads. Goodreads is the world's largest site for readers with over 50 million reviews.
Access to Knowledge in Egypt : New Research on Intellectual Property, Innovation and Development
We're featuring millions of their reader ratings on our book pages to help you find your new favourite book. Close X. Learn about new offers and get more deals by joining our newsletter. Sign up now.
Follow us. Clinical and Experiential Learning Courses. Law Library.
Our Faculty. John M. Ruebhausen Fund Orville H.
- Quest for Honour (The Eskkar Saga)?
- Yale ISP Publishes New Book on Access to Knowledge in Egypt!
- Intellectual Property Enforcement - United States Department of State.
- The Mass in movements - Conversion Consecration Communion (2nd Edition).
Schell, Jr. Student Life.
- Cosmic Dancer: An Interdimensional Fantasy.
- The Four Poster Pirate Ship Goes to Rock Island;
- A Companion to Wolves (Iskryne).
- An Introduction to Wavelets and Other Filtering Methods in Finance and Economics?
- TRIPS and Access to Medicines in Egypt | SpringerLink.
- BELIEFS OF THE PEOPLE!
- Account Options;
In its current shape, the global IP regime increasingly contributes into locking up knowledge under private control. This approach does not necessarily promote human development objectives, particularly in developing countries with weak knowledge base. Developing countries need to ensure that their IP laws are situated within a human development paradigm.
To achieve this, policymakers need to create the infrastructure to empower people to capitalize on knowledge by making knowledge inputs widely available. IP may assist in enhancing human development so long as it does not unduly undermine people's opportunities to access, reuse and recreate knowledge. I introduce two proposals to assist in situating IP into the human development paradigm.
Edited by Rochelle Dreyfuss and Justine Pila
Firstly, developing countries should keep knowledge resources in open zones unless the privatization of knowledge is justified. Volume 18 , Issue 5. The full text of this article hosted at iucr. If you do not receive an email within 10 minutes, your email address may not be registered, and you may need to create a new Wiley Online Library account. If the address matches an existing account you will receive an email with instructions to retrieve your username. Original Article. Tools Request permission Export citation Add to favorites Track citation.
Access to Knowledge in Egypt: New Research in Intellectual Property, Innovation and Development
Share Give access Share full text access. Share full text access. Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article.
- Art Words: The Handbook of Art & Art Related Terms;
- Theres An App for That: A Short Horror Story!
- Unblemished: Stop Breakouts! Fight Acne! Transform Your Life! Reclaim Your Self-Esteem with the Proven 3-Step Program Using Over-the-Counter Medications.
- Access to Knowledge in Egypt - AUCPress.
Get access to the full version of this article.